Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Father's Day Randy

One of the reasons that I am so in love with Randy, is because he is the Father to my children. He loves them in the most precious way. When he is with them, there is a tenderness to him that is spills out on to Chandler and Sterling. He always says that he is "tough" and "has a reputation to protect" but the heart that he has for them doesn't surprise me, it is really who he is deep down. He smiles at them in the most fabulous way and his eyes light up with so much joy that they belong to him. He is strong, and gentle, and ornery, and loving, a sacrificial provider, a source of aggravation (mostly to Chandler) and laughter. He has opened my eyes to what "devotion" to your children can look like and we are a family that wouldn't be as strong with out him. He thinks his daughter is the most glorious thing that has ever been. He loves Chandler as if he was his very own. He knows that Chandler has his own "real Dad" and honors and respects that, but is more than thrilled to be his Dad in the day to day, and calls him "my boy." This year, several people wished him a "Happy first Father's Day," my sweet husband was quick to say, "This isn't my first Father's Day, it's my 3rd." I think that is reason enough to love him. These are a few of my favorite pictures of this year. They aren't great shots, but they hold precious memories of the love that he has for my children. Thank you Randy for the father that you are. You are a everyday unexpected gift that I NEVER imagined that I would have. I love you so very much!


Being a Dad is dirty work.
His gift for Father's Day. Pictures of the kids playing in mud.
They are so cute and he loved it.
(thank you Major Images)
Our trip to Sea World

This is SO what there relationship is like. They both love each other and 
aggravate the fool out of each other. I don't understand it at all, 
but it makes for an interesting life.

The first time that he held Sterling in the NICU. He was overjoyed!

This is the day that Chandler shot his first two deer. 
I don't think that Randy could have been more proud! 
He smiled for days after this.
(and no, that is not an extra kid that we picked up-just a darling little friend)






1 comment:

Jill Vaughan said...

Sniffle, sniffle and wipe away the tears....so precious!!