Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Blue Baby

My sweet little Paige has known for a while that she was going to be a big sister. She has informed EVERYONE that she wanted a pink baby (also she called it a sista). So cute. If we ever tried to explain that it just might be a blue baby-she would get so mad and insist that "NO, it's a sista!"

Well, last week, much to her displeasure, the doctor confirmed that it was indeed....a blue baby! Paige was there for the announcement, to which she responded...."Well, I am not going to love it!" quickly followed with, "And....I am not going to take care of it!" By the time they made it to the car, she decided, "I will love my brother." She said it as if she were repeating it over and over and over in her head, until she believed it.

Oh what a funny girl. I can just hear her...the shock and irritation in that sweet  4 year old voice! The story made me laugh out loud. 

Now, she has is very excited, as we all are, that she will be the big sister to a blue baby!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.