Monday, April 07, 2008

Vanessa Whitwell

I had the immense blessing of being a part of Fellowship Church a few years ago. I was called there at one of the most difficult times of my life and it will always hold a very dear place in my heart. I met some of the most amazing people of faith and learned so much of who I am there. My very favorite part of church is worship- corporate worship. The eyes closed , hands up high, praising and loving Christ through music kind of worship. I was usually a puddle of emotion by the time Ed Young (the pastor) came to speak. The praise team was full of some the most amazingly gifted and talented musicians...this weekend one of their most precious staff members went on to be with the Lord. Vanessa Whitwell. I didn't know her personally, other than a few quick introductions and hello every now and then, I have had the pleasure of briefly spending time with her step mother, and others that loved her. Her voice was so pure and beautiful, but to learn that her gift was merely a small reflection of her love for God is such a rich blessing. Please read more about her on this link... I know you will blessed as I have been to read about her.

She was so young-but had in just almost 35 short years-completed what God had called her to do. Oh, what a legacy she has left behind and countless lives touched by her ministry.

3 comments:

Jake and Amanda said...

Hey, that is Leslie's sister, right? Jacob pointed her out one Sunday at Fellowship years ago. That is so horrible. Although I don't know them, I will pray for them. It is so sad, but almost comforting when you know that someone loves the Lord so much.

Jake and Amanda said...

That is Leslie's sister, right? I never knew her, but Jacob pointed her out at Fellowship years ago. That is so sad. I will definitely pray for the family. When someone passes, it is so comforting to know that they love the Lord so completely. She is now worshipping the Lord face to face. We can find joy in that.

Haylee Hunt said...

Hi, i'm haylee hunt. That was my sister. Well half-sister. Today is April 6th, 2010. 3 years since her passing. She touched so many people and she truly was my ro model.