Friday, December 05, 2008

December 4th- Our Due Date


Today is my due date... 
and to think that this sweet little one has already been here for almost 4 weeks is 
hard to wrap my brain around. When you are given "the date" you begin to live your life
by it-even though deep down it is basically a crap shoot. For 9 months I have repeated
"December 4th" over and over and over again. And every time I did, I would 
think about this day, and all that it might entail- the birth of my new baby girl.
It is so strange to even think about her being inside my tummy now
(which is where she should be). 
If she would have just waited, we would have missed all the drama and scariness 
that the first 2 weeks of her precious little life brought us.
BUT, we would have also missed out on the incredible blessings of our 
family and friends, the goodness  of our God, the miracles that we witnessed, 
the love and selflessness that was poured out on us, and the extra 4 weeks that we
have gotten to be with our sweet girl.

So, here are a couple of pictures on her due date-
one, she is smiling like a sweet little angel,
the other, screaming like a banchee.
Both equally as adorable-at least to us. :)
(the screaming won't be cute for much longer though)




1 comment:

Patty said...

Hey Tomi,

I've been meaning to tell you just how DARLIN that Sterling is!! She is just beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands on her!! :)

Hope to see you soon & think of y'all often,
-Patty