Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hey All!!!!
We are so excited to report that thanks to many of you we have already exceeded our goal for the March for Babies on April 18th!!! Right now our total is $1735!!! We would LOVE to double our goal and there is still time to donate, so if it is on your heart to do so here is the link again.

We also know that money is super tight for lots of us and we understand that it isn't possible to donate right now. There are two other ways that you can be part of our team and help support us. First of all, your love, prayers, and encouragement as we set out to try and make a contribution to such a great cause. Second, you can walk with us. You don't have to donate in order to walk. Just let me know that you would like to join us for this "Celebration" of Sterling's health, and I will ,with great joy, add you to my list. We have found someone that is printing shirts for us. They can be ordered from a tiny little youth size up to a 2X. The cost of the shirt is around $8.00 We would just LOVE to have a huge team, sporting their "Team Sweet Cheeks" t-shirts, walking, enjoying one another, and eating a picnic lunch with us! I will need your shirt order by April 5th to make sure that you get your shirt in time for the walk. (I have also attached the shirt design at the bottom of the email)

Right now, one of our youngest walkers, Mikayleigh, has met and exceeded her personal goal too. She is such a sweet girl and we are honored to have her on our team. Here, in her own words, is why she is joining us....

"Hi! My Name is Mikayleigh, I am 8 years old and I am walking for my baby Sterling!!

I had just got back from the hospital when my daddy got the phone call from Uncle Randy, I knew it was bad when I saw my daddy start crying. 

I got out of the car and ran to my Mom where I dropped to my knees in the front yard and prayed so hard for God to make her better!! 

I had to stay with my Grammy while Mom and Dad went back to the hospital, I wanted to go but they wouldn't let me. I kept praying and praying that she would get better!

 I visited Aunt Tomi the next day and then went to Cooks where my baby Sterling was being taken care of, this made me feel a little better!

I still remember when my mom showed me the picture of her laying there in that weird bed with a BIG "Aunt Tomi" Bow on her head, she looked so cute!

 I continued to pray for her and her family and she beat all the odds against her and came home in 2 weeks. I know God anwsers prayers because look at that girl now!

I am walking to show how much I LOVE Sterling and all the other babies that March of Dimes save!"

Isn't she so precious?! Will you please join us and sweet Mikayleigh on our walk, Saturday, April 18th?

Have a great week! We look forward to hearing from you!


~Tomi, Randy, Chandler Garrett, & Sterling

March for Babies- 2009


front/back of t-shirt


No comments: