Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!!!!

We had a pretty low key fathers day this year. Randy worked on a side job most of the day, slaving away in the million degree heat (what a great way to celebrate-yick) I was planning this BIG HUGE meal for Randy-but because he is the greatest guy EVER, on his way home for working, he offered to take us out for dinner so that I didn't have to cook!!! (which was fabulous, cause I felt pretty crummy-but didn't want to tell him) So, after we both took a little nap, we went to Risky's for a little BBQ and then he even treated Garrett and I to Marble Slab ice cream (which he can't even eat)! See what I mean by greatest guy ever?!

I am so blessed to see Randy with Garrett. He never tries to be his "dad" but works really hard to be a good father figure. They disagree - ALOT- but I think that is normal with all 12 year old boys, but at the end of the day, they really enjoy each other and are both learning so much about each other. I also can't wait to  see him with this new baby. He is already so excited... boy or girl, he will be a great Daddy. 

Happy Fathers Day Randy! Thanks for making our home happy, safe, & secure! We love you so much!!!!

No comments: