Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of 7th Grade!

Isn't he so cute?
He looks so  old to me. :(
This is the new principle greeting the kids at the front door.
Garrett looked him right in the eye,shook his hand, said good morning , and started his day!

Today, Garrett (Chandler-whatever) started the SEVENTH GRADE!!!! AGHHHH!!!!! I so vividly remember my first day of seventh grade. Even though he was in Middle School last year as a sixth grader, there is something defining about 7th grade! 

This morning he came into my bathroom-he was completely dressed but had a perplexed look on his face. I asked him what the problem was and he pointed to a pimple right in the middle of his forehead! He has been getting them here and there, but hasn't given them a second thought, but today, it was a problem. So funny. We took care of it and off he went- I photo shopped it out of his pictures. (I should note that on my first day of seventh grade I had a HUGE pimple on the end of my nose AND my forehead-I could so relate!) 

He did great! Had a great day! Came out with a smile on his face and talking ninety to nothing- I love that part of back to school...hearing him tell me about his world, in his own words, through his eyes! This year I set the bar a little higher and requested all pre-AP classes (advanced placement), which he got. I just thought that the challenge might make him work a little harder and help him set his sights higher, plus, I totally believe in positive peer pressure-he wasn't super thrilled about it, but did really like his teachers and was a bit excited about what's to come! He is also taking tennis and art which he is SO EXCITED about! We are praying for a great year and can't wait to see what God has in store! 

Here are a few stats about him- I don't know why I never thought to write this stuff down at the beginning of the year, but I am anxious to see how much he grows and changes...
* 4 feet 9 inches tall
* weighs in at 90 pounds
* wears a size Sm/ Med in "mens" shirts
* wears a size 14 in pants
* wears a size 7 in mens shoes

MERCY!!!! How did he get so big? 

1 comment:

Jaclyn @ themommyrevelation said...

So glad he had such a great day! I was thinking about him today, hoping that everything had gone well for him. He looked super cute (and very grown up) in the pictures. Tell him his aunt jac, uncle brian, and the 3 h's are super proud of him!