Friday, August 01, 2008

Hee hee hee!!!!

Yesterday, I spent the day with some precious friends at Canton (if you don't know-it's a huge flea market). Which means-outside in a million degree heat in Texas-SOOOO HOOOOOTTT! Anyways....my friends also brought their daughters - who are darling- and so interested in the new baby. All day they would ask "Miss Tomi, is Sterling kicking?","....hungry?", "...hot?" ...thirsty?" Get the picture? So at some point, Catherine, who is 9 said, "Miss Tomi, open your mouth really big." With out a second thought, I obliged immediately. The next thing I know, that sweet little thing was about 2 inches from my mouth, still opened big, and she starts hollerin' "HELLLLLOOOOOO STERLING!!!! HOW ARE YOU IN THERE?" I nearly wet my pants laughing. It was the cutest thing. It made perfect sense in her sweet little head that if that baby is in Miss Tomi's tummy then the most direct path for her to hear me is through her big open mouth! Catherine had the biggest grin on her face and so pleased with herself! I have seen and heard kids do lots of funny things with pregnant mommies, but this, I have never heard of. Aren't kids the best?!

No comments: