Monday, June 08, 2009

Chandler Garrett is 13!!!!


13. 
I can barely wrap my brain around it. 
13!
Every year, I am sure like every other mother, I can't believe that my baby is another year older. Another year further from the tiny little baby that scared and thrilled me all at the same time. And another year closer to leaving me to be on his own, in his own world. Also, every year, I have another thought that maybe not all moms have. Every year, with out fail, I sit in amazement, that we are BOTH still alive. Not just alive, but THRIVING, and HAPPY. Since I was such a baby when I had him, I just prayed and prayed that I somehow wouldn't hurt him or lose him, or screw him up beyond repair (I am also amazed at  the same for me). I have done my fair share of messing up, no doubt, but with the sheer grace of God, we are here. We are blessed. We are healthy-mentally, physically, and emotionally (relatively speaking). 
13.
I am so so proud to be this kids mom. He is funny. He is kind. He has a tender heart. He is smart. He is ornery. He has a great laugh. He is inquisitive. He loves to read.  He is creative. He is an amazing big brother. He loves Jesus. He is loyal. He loves his family. He is talented. He is a pure JOY. 

This year for his birthday, he chose to not have a "party" with the bounce house and all that mess (first sign of a teenager). He picked to go to a birthday lunch at Los Vaqueros (he loves mexican food) then we wandered the Stockyards, rode the mechanical bull, and went through the human maze (so fun). We also had "family" birthday at our house. He requested mom's famous hamburgers and a peanut-butter cup cake. And of course, no party at our house is complete with out the "Birthday Sombrero" 

He's a teenager now. A whole new world is before us. I can't wait to enjoy this part of his life and share it with you!

No comments: