Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Better late than never....we had a super laid back day. We are always so busy and my people are always in several different places, so I just wanted everyone in the same house for the day and working on a "honey-do" list. It was great! Lots of things accomplished, Sterling's room finished, laundry done, floor's cleaned, miscellaneous things fixed= a happy mom. Then Chandler had his last soccer game of the season, so we packed up for that and then on to dinner, at our old stand by- chili's! I guess that I am old, because the less exciting the better. :)

Mother's Day always gives me a whole roller coaster of emotions...I am extremely blessed to have these two precious ones call me mom. They bring me so much JOY. I can barely wrap my brain around how much they have changed me. They have made me more patient, more laid back, more silly, more worried, more fulfilled, more happy, just more everything. I love them to pieces! I also think about the two babies that I have lost. I wonder about what they would be like, look like, and how they would have changed me. Finally, I think about two more. The two who I got to be mom to for just a little while. In my heart, deep down, they are still mine. I still love them so much. I am so thankful for the time that I had them in my house and also so thankful for how they each changed me too. 

I am also blessed to have not just one mom of my own, but several. God so graciously orchestrated a team of moms for me. My Mom, my G-mom, my precious mother-in-law (who I adore), and so many other's that took me in and loved me, supported me, gave me a safe place to fall, made me feel at home, taught me how to love unconditionally, showed me great sacrifice, taught me how to love my children, and one who raised a boy who would one day become my husband. Oh how I love them all! 

Lastly, thank you to that husband of mine for being on this journey with me. There is no one else that I would rather parent with in the world. Thank you for letting me be a stay at home mom to my kids...you will never know how much I love them and that I get to spend so much time with them. It is such a sweet gift that you give me everyday.

Happy Mother's Day to me! 

No comments: