Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hitch in my Giddy-Up

The time has finally come to get the "Hitch in my Giddy-Up" fixed. I am scheduled to have surgery on my C6-7 on October 16th. The neurosurgeon says that there are several things wrong with me (aside from the obvious) but right now, this is the main concern. We feel totally comfortable with the procedure and all that mess-I am looking forward to not feeling like crud all of the time and being able to hopefully work, be a wife, mom, and play with all of the fabulous kids that we have in our lives normally. The process to get there doesn't sound so great- but it will be fine and life goes on- who am I trying to convince here?

Anyway...I will be "out of comission" for a couple of weeks and then back to everyday life. I am so blessed that my favorite in-laws have offered to come and stay with us to help out for as long as I need them-which is great. My husband has gone way above and beyond trying to take care of me and get me back into some sort of working order. Bless his heart, we got married and I have been "sick" ever since. He is ready for a "normal wife"- sadly, he gets me instead, but I think that he is just fine with that.

No comments: