Tuesday, November 27, 2007

To it's fullest-

I have pondered and thought about how or what to say about this, and really there are no words that are appropriate or seem to do justice. However, I couldn't say nothing; so here goes...

My friend Jill lost her sister last Sunday night. Tragically. Brutally. I can't wrap my brain around what she has been through. To have to I.D. your sister. To have to tell her children that she is gone. Unbearable.

Today, I stood and watched Jill and her family bury her sister Billie. As I stood there, I thought about tomorrow. How I would wake Chandler up, take him to school, and go about my day. How Billie's children would have someone else wake them, take them to school, and they will just try to endure their grief. How Jill will try to move on, and have some sense of normality. 

As the minister reminded me today, life is not about the amount of time that you have, but what you do in the time that you are given. Living life to the fullest and enjoy the beauty that God has surrounded you with. Your family, friends, home, His church, His love, His hope for a future. We are called to have a life of Joy that can only come from Him and to also share that same Joy with others.

Please, in your moment of quietness, remember my friend Jill, her family, her sister's children, their friends. Pray God's peace and healing. Love your family. Live life to it's fullest. 

No comments: