Monday, November 26, 2007


Turkey for you, turkey for me, turkey turkey turkey.....
(fried that is!)

Oh, how I hope that everyone is loosening their waistbands and basking in the GREATNESS that is Thanksgiving! We had our first married one and made good memories! We went to one of my cousins ranches (Stephen). Randy, Stephen, and Garrett went hunting-I think that Randy fell in love with Graham, TX and the bigness of the deer and Garrett has about decided that he is DONE with hunting...he doesn't like sitting still and being quiet for that long (wonder where he gets that from?)! Thursday morning we all packed up and headed 30 minutes over to Possum Kingdom Lake for lunch. Randy introduced my Aunt and Uncle to the Fabulousness of  fried turkey- he is quite the fried turkey maker, Mom made all the extras (including a roasted turkey-two turkeys!!!) We had a special cold weather, a fire, and a big fat nap or two later, we were on our way home.

Also, just a quick update...I had a goal in mind that I would be back up on my feet and feeling fine by Thanksgiving. Goal not met. :( I am getting better everyday, but it is still a struggle. I have some good days and some really bad days that I can't even get off the couch. But I am thankful that the road to recovery is in progress and I am this far and not just starting at the beginning.

It is cliche, I know, but that is what this is all about....we have so so much to be thankful for. God has poured out so many blessings on me individually, my family, and my friends. We are surrounded by constant reminders of His grace, love, protection, & patience. How can we ever question His provision for us? Take a moment this season to love the gifts that He has given you and thank Him for them.
Blessings and love to you all!

Randy & Uncle James frying the turkey
Stephen, catching a nap

Family Pic

Stephen, Cathy, & Taylor

No comments: