Saturday, November 15, 2008

My two babies---

It is sur-real to see Garrett/Chandler (which ever makes you happy) and Sterling together. I am sure that every mom feels this way when they add a sibling to their family. This is just a really precious time for me.

Years ago when Garrett/Chandlers Dad and I divorced, I had always hoped that wouldn't be the end of my "child bearing" -that sounds corny, but let's just go with it. But as the years went on, the question of more children for me seemed to be dwindling...and I had finally gotten to a place where that was ok. I was so filled up with love for not only Garrett/ Chandler, but also with love for the many little ones I have around me. I have no doubt in my mind that God 
blessed me with them to fill the void that I had in my heart. 
I remember not too long before Randy and I met, that God and I had talk....
and we decided that I was complete-with out a husband or other children- 
complete in His love and provision for both myself and Garrett/Chandler. 
Ahhhhh, the peace that passes all understanding.
......................................
It was then that God freed me up from those chains of longing and sadness.
....................................
Just in time to have my heart be prepared for Randy and what is our now precious family. 
God is so so good. 
I am so overwhelmed with the way I see Garrett/Chandler and Sterling.
He represents my growth-spiritually, emotionally, and yes-even physically.
He represents a God who NEVER fails, who ALWAYS protects, and Provides,
 a God that can turn water into sweet sweet wine,
a God with a fabulous sense of humor.
She represents hope for our future. She represents new beginnings and eyes that look to what's around the corner with curiosity and adventure. She represents strength and beauty. 
She represents the power of prayer and miracles.
She represents a God who can orchestrate perfect harmony in an imperfect family.

So now to see them holding hands-maybe you can see a glimpse of what this mothers heart sees.

Holding hands for the first time!
He looks so proud!

This is of course the bow of the day. 
Don't know if you van tell, but it matches the blanket over her bed.
Who says you can't be stylin' in the NICU??


No comments: