Thursday, November 27, 2008

No Tubes & a Test!

Our girl has the last tube out of her tiny little body!!!
She has been eating like a champ, so the feeding tube is o longer needed! 
So out it came this afternoon-she was not a big fan, I am sure just removing that
dang medical tape (which hurts me) off her sweet baby skin really hurt.
But- it is off, she looks BEAUTIFUL with out all that mess on her face. 
She is just what we dreamed she would be.

So, now we are working on our check list to go home-maybe Saturday or Sunday!
We had to take a CPR class-check
get all her tubes out-check
eat on her own- check
gain or at least maintain her current weight- check
pass the car seat test-check
watch an orientation video- not yet
spend the night at the hospital with her,
 while they observe us through the night-not yet

Her car seat test could be done once she was tube free, so this afternoon we did that.
They just plop her in her car seat for 90 minutes and observe her heart rate and
O2 levels- to make sure she can tolerate sitting up at that angle.
She looks so tiny in that seat!! 
She didn't fuss a bit and passed the test with flying colors!
So we are one step closer to going home!
HOORAY!!!!

the last tube comes out!
Stylin' in my car seat
Don't I look so little in here?
I love my car seat-with the leopard trim
that Mommy picked just for me!

No comments: