Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Arms are Full and Our Hearts are Fuller
(isn't fuller a word?)

Yesterday we finally got to hold her! They removed her right drainage tube from her lung and that opened the door for us to yank her out of that bed and love on her. I wish I had been there when Randy first held her- look at the smile on his face (thank you to the nurse who captured that moment for me). I too was beside myself. It almost felt odd to actually have her in my arms.

They also had us start trying to feed her with a bottle. She is starting to get the hang of it. They let us try to bottle feed her for 30 minutes and then whatever she hasn't finished, goes into her feeding tube. She is starting to suck and swallow better and each feeding she seems to get a little more down.

The removal of all tubes (except the feeding one) also allowed me to dress her! YAY!!!! We picked a sweet little gown that made it easy for them to still check her and of course a fresh new bow. I am still having a hard time believing that I am actually dressing my own little girl. She looked darling- and of course we love that everyone stops by her bed to see what new bow she is wearing!

Just before we left last night she pulled her feeding tube out of her nose and then threw a HUGE fit when they tried to get it back in (i would too by the way). After about 10 minutes of shoving the darn thing up her nose, they had to put it back down her throat- which also ticked her off royally (she has the temper of her Daddy). She got so worked up that she threw everything up-which resulted in us loosing our clothing privileges for now. So no clothes and no bow- :( See what happens when you don't cooperate?

We are still on the path to healthy, we just need a few more days to get evened out. Will keep you posted on our progress. Again...thank you for your love and prayers!

This is what the first picture without all the mess on her face-
 just a little O2 and the feeding tube
This is what she looks like with nuthin' on. No tubes, no tape, no bow, no clothes.
She looks like a completely different baby.
This is our first outfit. Also this is before she threw up all over it. :)
Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a pretty little girl! that incident with the feeding tube just shows what a strong woman she will be someday! Still praying for you-Amy Housewright

Anonymous said...

RANDY AND TOMI SHE'S BEAUTIFUL! WE'VE REALLY BEEN ENJOYING THE PICTURES. WISHING HER A HEALTHLY RECOVERY. KEEP US POSTED.DEBBIE & JEN

Jaclyn @ themommyrevelation said...

She looks so beautiful! I love that gownie she's wearing in the last picture.

I can hardly wait to hold that baby girl...you and Randy look great holding her! Love you all!

~Jac