Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Really brave......or really really stupid.
Okay...so I have seen these really great photos of Moms showing their growth through out their pregnancy, and I thought "Hmmmm? I could do that I suppose." I have one maybe two pictures of me when I was carrying Garrett. I have always been sad that I couldn't go back and show him what I looked like with him in my tummy. So, I am going to do this for the love of this tiny baby that I am carrying. Like I said, it is really brave or really stupid....please don't tell me which. I will try to do this every few weeks so that you can all see what we look like. Today, I am just at 7 1/2 weeks and already sportin' a little teeny pooch. There is a really great website that compares your baby with a piece of food each week...it's a fun way to keep track and help Garrett to understand what is going on. The baby is about the size of a blueberry and is growing everyday! Here goes nothin'......

View from the front-not too bad.
From the side-not awful
With the shirt up-a little scary
Okay, now here is the brave part...a tape measure with my real live inches for all to see-
YIKES!
My precious little man. Lets see how long his little arms will fit around my tummy.

****Update****
   I am really struggling with not sleeping. Since now I am carrying a little one, I can't take ANY of my pain medication or the "help me sleep" medicine. I am feeling better, but still really need to manage pain, but for now tylenol will have to do. I know it will be worth it- pray that I can hang in there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'am so excited for you both. You are going to be wonderful parents. That is such a great idea showing pics. through out your pregnancy. I can't wait to see them. I would love to get together with you guys and go out for dinner. I miss playing bunco with you girls. Talk to you soon.
Bree

Anonymous said...

Randy- That is the opening weekend of dove season and the traditional kickoff to the hunting season in texas. To be more specific for the girls, September 1st is always the opening day of dove season.
Randy- We will pray that the baby comes one week early.
S Handy

Jaclyn @ themommyrevelation said...

You look fantastic, my friend, and are going to look so stinkin' cute in August! I can't wait to meet (and spoil) this baby! Love you!

~jac

Sara Boulter said...

Oh, I think your brave and sweet! It's a vulnerable thing to share your belly with everyone, and I admire you for it! I loved showing my belly off...it really is fun to see it grow. Congrats on the pregnancy too. My sister is due the same time. I can't wait to see the little bump. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!! How wonderful!! This is very very brave of you and I give you a huge nod of approval - go for it girl!! You'll look fabulous , even when you're as big as a barn:) That pretty face of yours won't change a bit...so SEE... *you stay cute!! I'm going to love watching you grow:) This will be soo fun!!
I love you! DJ